Up until now, India has currently 7.55 million COVID-19 cases and is second in the world in cases of coronavirus. The US is at the top of the ranking with presently 8.83 million cases.
But according to reports, the cases in India will rise up to 1.3 billion till February.
What’s the current situation of Covid-19 and the estimation for the month February?
According to reports 50% of Indian population, that is almost 1.3 billion, will get affected by ongoing coronavirus by the month of February 2021.
But according to Worldometer live Covid count, currently the cases of covid-19 is decreasing everyday. It’s now 63,000 to 65,000 cases per day. The pandemic was on its peak in India in September, at that time we were getting almost 90,000 to 95,000 cases per day.
If we believe in the estimation made by the committee, the current cases of Covid-19 is much higher than reported by the central government. According to the serological survey, almost 14% of Indian population has been affected by Covid-19 by September.
Experts believe that the spread of Covid-19 will increase as we are getting closer to the festive months, Durga Puja Diwali will be celebrated this month and till the mid of November.
How can we keep ourselves safe during this festive season?
- Regularly keep sanitizing your hands and avoid touching anything outside.
- Whenever you are going out during this festive season try to maintain a distance of minimum 6 feet from everyone.
- Avoid touching your eyes and mouth.
- Try to remain inside if you are having symptoms like coughing and fever.
- Always wear a mask whenever you are going outside.